MTPredictor Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login to post messages (customers only) .

Author Topic: Revival of trade module topic  (Read 1859 times)

Rick Kubacka

Revival of trade module topic
« on: February 01, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »
Here is my wish list for the trade module. I would like to be able to right click in the module and have a menu to set my preferences so that they would come up each time I select the module. Things like: override position size,     start up in  sim or live account,     and the auto trade management parameters.
I would also like to be able to select the background color for the module depending on whether I am in the sim or live account similar to the way the chart trader does it.
I would also like to see the trade module change the chart trader parameters to whatever is selected in the trade module. If there is a way to do this now, can someone please post it.
Thanks

seefisch

Re: Revival of trade module topic
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
I agree with the background color change for the Trade Module.  Long ago when I got tired of ending up with a live account trade when I thought I was in sim account.  I complained to Ninja support.  They had no real fix but they did tell me what to do to make it obvious.  I opened the Ninja chart trader and set the Simulation Color to Lime.  I changed it for the chart trader of all of my charts.  Problem solved for Ninja chart trader trades. I just wish I could do the same for the Trade Module.  Enjoy...

Dave Ram

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:07:02 PM »
I think we should offer our ideas and opinions to get the developer of the trade module to keep improving because we are are it this business to survive because trading is tough. Enough by itself so give us all the help to improve our trade module...

Alan Dunston

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:53:52 AM »
Steve,

Regarding the Trade Module, can the default setting of "Manual" for trade type be changed to "Automatic"?  All my trades have been automatic and having to consciously switch out of manual mode makes trade execution a little cumbersome.

Thanks,
Alan

Shawn Donahue

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 06:29:08 AM »
In the new 7.x version of the MTP Add-on's for NT7 (as well as in the NT8 version), all of the main settings are now saved with the indicator settings and will be restored when you relaunch the application - Entry Order Mode, the settings for Auto Trade Management options (but not whether they are enabled, which is intended to be explicit), etc. "Override position size" is also intended to be selected explicitly since the intention of the software is to calculate the position size, though it would not be hard to enable the setting to persist.

In the NT7 version at least, the background of the trade module panel does change based on whether you have selected a Sim or Live account, but it is not configurable at the moment. Instead, it uses the same colors as the Default chart trader colors in Ninja. However, making this configurable is doable. In NinjaTrader 8 it's a little tougher because it's written (mostly) in WPF and they are using styles and themes to control the styling, which the product is inheriting to ensure a consistent look and feel with the main application.

Also, at the moment, the trading account is not persisted because the account is associated with a connection and there is no guarantee that the account will be available at any given time, and definitely isn't until you at least connect to the appropriate connection. However, this is on the enhancement list and may be possible as long as there is a graceful fallback mechanism in case the previously selected account is not available - for example, switching from a real broker connection containing a live account to just an IQFeed, eSignal, or a Market Replay connection, all of which contain may different accounts or not contain the original. In other words, it isn't quite as simple as it sounds.

With regard to ChartTrader, there is an old "Position Size in CT" indicator property which will set it to the initial position size generated by the trade setup analysis. However, it is not subsequently updated as changes are made to the position size in the trade module. It was mainly done prior to there being a trade module. If there's enough interest, it would technically be possible to keep the position size in sync if changed, but beyond that, chart trader is so limited, there isn't much more you'd need to do with it at trade initiation time.